The Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) will launch its first Call for proposals under IMI 2 on 9 July 2014. The topics proposed for inclusion in the first Call are:
· Translational approaches to disease modifying therapy of type 1 diabetes mellitus
· Discovery and validation of novel endpoints in retinal diseases
More information on the indicative IMI 2-Call 1 topics can be found on the IMI Future Topics web page.
IMI has planned several information sessions and an Open Info Day in Brussels to help potential participants with the Call for proposals topics and procedures. Information on the webinars is now available on the IMI webinar web page and registration for the three webinar sessions is now open.
· Webinar on the type 1 diabetes topic - Friday 11 July at 14:00
· Webinar on IMI 2 rules and procedures - Monday 14 July at 14:00
· Webinar on the retinal diseases topic - Tuesday 15 July at 16:00
· Open Info Day on the first IMI 2 Calls for proposals - Tuesday 30 September at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Brussels
The Open Info Day will include an overview of IMI 2’s funding and intellectual property (IP) rules, tips on applying for funding under IMI 2, and workshops on the first IMI 2 Call topics. In addition, there will be plenty of networking opportunities and IMI staff will be on hand to answer questions relating to the new Call topics and the IMI 2 application procedures.
IMI warmly encourages small and medium-sized enterprises, mid-caps, patient organisations, regulatory authorities, academic teams, industry, hospitals and other organisations with an interest in IMI projects to take part in the info sessions.
Please note that all information relating to IMI 2–Call 1 is still indicative and subject to change. Final information about IMI 2–Call 1 will be communicated after approval by the IMI Governing Board.
Registration for the Open Info Day 2014 will open soon – more information is available on the IMI Open Info Day event web page.